Animal Control-Animals for Adoption-Call City Hall
Animal Control / Lost and Found
The Animal Control Division is comprised of an Animal Control Officer who has been trained to solve problems and enforce laws relative to animals in the community.
The officer performs a variety of functions including:
- Capturing domestic animals in violation of the City Leash Law
- Coordinating with Rabies Control
- Investigating animal bites
- Providing advice and guidance to citizens
- Lost and Found of Pets
- Citizens reporting an animal problem inside the city limits should call 903-882-3422.
- If there is a problem during the weekend or after 5 p.m. on a weekday, call the Police Department at 903-882-3313.
- Anyone living outside of the city limits please call 903-566-6600.
The city operates a short time holding facility for captured domestic animals. If the animal owner cannot be contacted within 72 hours, then captured animals are subject to adoption, foster placement or transport to other facilities.
Our services include the following:
- Animal bite investigations
- Animal cruelty investigations
- Enforcement of city codes / state laws
Adopt a Dog
These pups are all in the City Kennel and available for adoption
Male, mix breed
Male, mix breed, heartworm NEGATIVE, neutered. Young, playful and gets along with other dogs.
Female, approximately 2 years old lab mix, spayed, heartworm negative, fully vetted.
Female, Approx. 1 year old, spayed, heartworm negative, and fully vetted. She gets along great with other dogs, but doesn't do well with cats. She is great with kids, but due to her high energy we recommend a home with older children.
Female Husky, almost 3 years old, spayed, heartworm negative and fully vetted.
Male, lab type, 3 years old, heartworm negative, neutered.
Male, mix breed, neutered, heartworm negative, fully vetted.
Male, approximately 8 months old, terrier mix breed, heartworm negative, neutered, fully vetted.