Water / Sewer Rate
Connect FeeA $100 deposit is required inside city limits and $150 outside city limits is to be charged for connecting to an existing water service. No personal checks are accepted for deposits, only cash, money order, Visa or Mastercard.
Reconnect FeeA $30 non-refundable reconnect fee is to be charged to any customer reconnecting to the water system after a delinquent account has been disconnected for non-payment.
Meter Reread / High Bill Check FeeNo fee shall be charged for a customer’s first request for a meter rereading/high bill check. If no problem is found and the customer requests a second investigation (within 6 months of the initial request), the following options are available:
- Auditing the meter readings
- Field testing of the meter
- Manufacturer’s testing of meter *2nd re-check of meter will result in a $25 charge*
Theft of Water ServicesTheft of water services shall refer to any customer who reconnects his water service in any way after the city has disconnected the water for nonpayment of delinquent bill. In addition to the amount of the delinquent bill, the reconnect fee, meter tampering fee and any damages shall be paid before water service will be reconnected. Any tampering with meter will result in meter removal and a fee of $100. Any account charged with tampering fee's is required an additional $200 deposit.
Nothing in the preceding shall be construed to prevent the city from pursuing civil or criminal penalties against any person or parties tampering with, damaging and/or using without authorization water service to the maximum allowed by local and or state laws.
- "Bulk water sales" will mean any water sale where the purchaser receives water at a non-potable water filling station (City Service Center) and transporting such water from the facility for non-drinking purposes. It will be the responsibility of the bulk water purchaser to furnish the necessary hardware to connect to the filling station water delivering system. It will not be permissible to fill bulk water at a fire hydrant.
The charges for bulk water sale shall be $21.59 per 1,000 gallons and $10.79 per 1,000 gallons therof. Each additional load is charged by gallons used.
- "Fire detector check" will mean the approved device used to monitor water flow in a private fire protection system. This device consists of a main line check valve with a metered bypass and control valves.
All such accounts will not be subject to the minimum monthly charge for water. These charges shall be in accordance with the schedule of rates in proportion to the amount of water used, as shown by the meter, for water usage.
- "Water sprinkler" will mean any residential or commercial water connection used for the purpose of lawn watering or landscape irrigation.
All such accounts shall not be subject to the minimum monthly charge for water. These charges shall be in accordance with the schedule of rates in proportion to the amount of water used, as shown by the meter, for water usage.