New Service

Setting up a new account is easy. In most cases service can be connected the same day. A water account, which includes water, sewer, and garbage can be opened by visiting City Hall, 105 Ballard Drive, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. A $100 deposit is required for all residential customers inside city limits and $150 outside city limits. No personal checks are accepted for deposits, only cash, money order, Visa or Mastercard.

The property owner, landlord or a tenant may open an account in their own name, however, neither may open an account in the other's name. The name of the person on the account is the "account owner," therefore certain vital information, such as driver’s license or social security number (for identification purposes) and property address is required. Copies of leases or deeds are normally not required, however, the city may request these documents.

When having service turned on or restored, please make sure that all indoor and outdoor faucets (such as sinks, showers, and bathtubs) are turned off. You may wish to turn off the water at your private shut-off valve, which is usually located outside your home, however, city employees are the only ones allowed to shut off the city’s meter valve. If our employee detects a continued flow of water, your new service will be left off for your protection. You will then have to turn off all valves and call us again.

Transfer of Service

Water accounts may be transferred, from one location to another by coming to City Hall, 105 Ballard Drive. Please notify City Hall at least 48 hours before your move so we can continue service without interruption. Be prepared to provide water service account number (or driver’s license, or Social Security number), former service address, new address and service request dates.

Discontinue Service

Water account can be closed by coming in to City Hall, 105 Ballard Drive. Please notify City Hall at least 48 hours in advance and provide the following:

  • Account number
  • Date to discontinue service
  • Driver’s license or Social Security number
  • Forwarding address for your final bill
  • Name on account

If you have a deposit on file, it will be credited to your final bill, and any remaining balance will be forwarded to you. 

Customers are financially responsible for all account (water, sewer, garbage) charges until the City Hall is notified to close the account.